Thursday, September 18, 2014

Week 3

Well, I took an absolute beating last week in my picks. I'm not even going to go over the numbers; they were flat out embarrassing. For all of those that are new to the "Sloppy Spread", have a little faith. I have never had a week that bad and do not intend to ever again. Okay onto the picks! I am going back to my old format of games listed rather than by AFC/NFC (superstition).


Thursday Night


Tampa Bay @ Atlanta  ATL -5.5

Josh McCown is the X-factor for the bucs. He hasn't looked well at all in the first 2 games. Same system, same head coach, different team. Mccown will bounce back and have an better than average game against a sub par ATL secondary. Tampa will cover and might actually win this game
TB + 5.5

Sunday Noon Games

San Diego @ Buffalo  BUF -2.5

San Diego hung around with one of the best defenses in the league and beat the best defense in the league. Record they are 1+1. Buffalo is a surprising 2-0, they beat an not so good Bears defense who pretty much handed them the game and a decent Miami Dolphins. I'm taking SD with the points.

SD +2.5

Tennessee @ Cincinnati  CIN -6.5

AJ Green has practiced twice this week; Wednesday he had a limited practice. Thursday was a full practice and listed as probable, which means he is playing. Even if he wasn't playing I'd take Cincinnati.

Cincinnati -6.5

Baltimore @ Cleveland  CLE +1.5

Cleveland looked outstanding last week against the New Orleans Saints, while Baltimore's defense looked like the Ray Lewis days against Pittsburgh. Between Bernard Pierce an Justin Forsett I see the Ravens winning this game by double digits.

BAL -1.5

Green Bay @ Detroit  DET -1

This is a hard one. Its a NFC North divisional game. Green Bay has now come out of the gates stumbling in both games. Detroit looked outstanding week one against a horrible New York Giants team. I'd stay away from this game but I'm leaning towards Detroit.

DET -1

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville  JAX +6.5

Indy 1000% yes 1000%, nothing to say here. Indy is 0-2 that's going to change,

IND -6.5

Oakland @ New England  NE -13.5

This line has gone from -10 to now -13.5; meaning everyone is firing on New England. I'm with everyone else New England by minimum.

NE -13.5

Minnesota @ New Orleans  NO -11.5

This is the second of many weeks without Adrian Peterson in Minnesota, New Orleans are 0-2 which is unheard of since Drew Brees came to the Saints. The Saints at home are hungry for a win. New Orleans wins in a landslide.

NO -11.5

Houston @ New York Giants  NYG -3

A tale of two very sub par teams. The Giants are absolutely horrible, Eli Manning has looked like a back up quarterback for the past 3 years. This will continue and Houston comes out on top here.

HOU +3

Washington @ Philadelphia  PHI -7

Kirk Cousins gets the start with an injured RGIII; which in my eyes is better for the Redskins. Cousins is a pass first scramble later quarterback and a more stable pocket QB. Washington has some decent talent with their receivers but..... they won't be able to keep up with the uptempo offense of Chip Kelly and the Philadelphia Eagles.

PHI -7

Dallas @ St. Louis  STL +1

St. Louis is banged up in almost every aspect of their team. Their front 4 which was supposed to be the best in the league is dwindling down due to injuries and under performance. This might be the only time I bet with Romo and the Cowboys.

DAL -1


Sunday Late Afternoon Games

San Francisco @ Arizona  ARI +1.5

San Francisco should be 2-0 but they lost the game themselves last week. Arizona is starting Drew Stanton again (MSU!) Even though San Francisco's defense is "banged up" I like them with the points

SF +1.5

Kansas City @ Miami  MIA -3.5

Kansas City has a new emerging back in the second year runner Knile Davis. Jamaal Charles is listed as a gane time decision. If he plays he will be splitting carries with Knile Davis due to his high ankle sprain. Whether Charles plays or not KC WINS THIS GAME.

KC +3.5

Denver @ Seattle  SEA -4.5

Rematch of last years Super Bowl.... This time it's not at a "neutral location" I like Seattle by 6 in this one.

SEA -4.5

Sunday Night

Pittsburgh @ Carolina  CAR -3
.
It seems every spread for a Carolina Panthers game is between 3-6. This is because they are good but 90% (made up stat)  I like Carolina at home here giving 3

CAR -3


Monday Night

Chicago @ New York Jets  NYJ -1.5

Da BEARSSSSS. The Jets secondary has been talking smack, who has been running their mouth you ask?? A rookie who has played 2 games in the NFL. Healthy Marshall and healthier Jeffery means a Bears W.

CHI +1.5


Three Team Parlay

CHI +1.5

KC +3.5

INDY -6.5


Moneyline Upset Specials

CHI

KC

SF 


Fire on all three is you would like, they're all winners this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment